Should all tracks in the STL area go to the Hoosier A & H only tire rule for UMP Modifieds?

Should all tracks in the STL area go to the Hoosier A & H only tire rule?

• YES - A & H's Only

Votes: 99 62.7%
  • NO - Keep it as is.. Allow A, D & H's

Votes: 47 29.7%
  • I'm fine either way...

Votes: 12 7.6%

• Total voters

jdearing

Administrator
Staff member

Many drivers think eliminating the Hoosier D compound tire will save them quiet a bit of money.

Modified drivers, what are your thoughts????

I would like to see an A and H rule only, I like most guys have already been running A's on the right side which works fine. Getting rid of the D will help the budget guys because of the high dollar guys running D's one race and throwing them away, I cant do that.

If someone wants to win bad enough, they are gonna buy new tires regardless of what compound they are. I've had several A's glaze over and were junk after just two nights so going to A's and H's will not help. Just my opinion

If someone wants to win bad enough, they are gonna buy new tires regardless of what compound they are. I've had several A's glaze over and were junk after just two nights so going to A's and H's will not help. Just my opinion

Two nights on an A is better than one heat race on a D and it being junk. JMO

Many drivers think eliminating the Hoosier D compound tire will save them quiet a bit of money.

Modified drivers, what are your thoughts????

Go to "American Racers" if they really want to save the racer's some money.

I run alot of tracks under UMP rules not just in stl area so why would I have to buy different sets of tires to run a different track still under UMP rules. Would up the cost if you ask me..And if you are so worried about cost you don't have to buy D's or move down a class!!! Not a street stock class don't mess with the rules..

that is the best solution if they really cared about the saving the racers money. but UMP is worried about their own money from hoosier not the racers pockets.

You are probably right, but Hoosier does have its IMCA spec tire that would fit.

My take is that the fast guys will continue to be fast on A's, H's, D's, American Racers, or even street tires. The D choice gives the lower funded/horsepower teams the chance to catch the setup and use the gas pedal to get to the front every once in a while.

Limiting the tire choice, limits the race outcomes, which limits the enjoyment for fans and drivers.

i would be 4 a a & h rule but bring it on after mid season,,i had a used h on the 1 car at b town n it was hooked up a lot better

Back