Smooth move Joey

Sprintcar#8Fan

Joey Montgomery, I can't believe what you did to Hurley tonight. That was totally uncalled for! In my opinion I thought Hurley's move was a bonzi move. However, to push him all the way down the backstraight and then to try to put him in the wall in turn one was uncalled for! I can see bumping him a little to let him know how you felt. But what you did was crossing the line. Joey's a great sprintcar driver, but stunts like that will keep him from going to the next level. 11th or so to 2nd. He can drive that's for sure, but the attitude!!

I thought it was just down right ignorant. Takes brains. First time I have ever heard of not being blacked flagged just because the checkers had flown. Should have dissallowed his position and made him race the alphabet soup(C-main,etc). I agree, I think Joey is a good driver, however his antics(boo-bird speech) and his attitude are really starting to take over as of lately. Not good sportsmanship coming from a track champion.

I have to agree with you both. Joey is a good driver but I am upset with how not only he acted but how they conviently have a rule that you can't black flag someone because the checkered was flown or penalize a driver at all for something as "aggressive" as what he did.He should have been made to run the B main and work his way up again. But there again, I guess it's all in who ya know.

What Joey did was just plain ridiculous...just because he was a little mad didnt give him the right to try to tear up Jimmys car!the way it looked though to me is Jimmy wouldve passed him anyways!...i was confused when they said that they didnt black flag people after the checkereds had flow...well ive seen it done before at farmington!and i agree with bigrightrear they shouldve made him run the c and work his way up!i dont think he got in any trouble at all did he?and he's the TRACK CHAMPION!?!...and just to point out after Joey had did that, while Jimmy and Joey were on the track still and Joey went around him, Jimmy didnt try to go back at him...kinda goes to show who uses their head and I bet Jimmy wouldve gotten in trouble if he would've went back after him!

Your right Casey69, Jimmy could of tried something to get back at him. It just shows that Jimmy is a better man than Joey. With Joey's attitude and his stunts he will never go anywhere. He will race at SFCR til he retires. And that's too bad because he can drive. However car owners and sponsors don't want guys that give them a bad name. Maybe one day he'll learn, but don't count on it.

you know everyone keeps trashing joey for what he did but what about what tommy worley did to the number 86 sprint? if you are going to moan and groan about one driver for doing something he might not should have done you need to gripe about all the drivers that did those things

well, to answer the question about Worley, we come to expect that from Tommy...I sit with about a group of 4 or 5 people every Sat. night and we all take bets on who we think Worley will take out that night...its a sad, sad thing!! I never was a Joey Montgomery fan, but I always had respect for him because of how good of a driver he was, but my respect for him is no more now. He's just a young punk who thinks if you get the best of him, he has to retaliate and get you back somehow! He is nothing like his older brother and will NEVER be!!! Tim is a class act!! He proves that week in and week out! He's someone you can honestly say, "Im glad he races here!"...maybe Joey needs to tear a page out of Tim's book...doubt he ever will!!! I just want to say Congrats to Tim on a very good season, and I will be rooting for him when he goes to Little Rock for the STN!!! You make us proud Tim!!!

Joey is the track champion and should act like it. The reason I didn't say anything about Worley is well it happens all the time and I hold Joey to a higher standard then Worley. Joey could go somewhere if he didn't do stuff like this. His antics will hold him back. The spotlight is on him, it has been for a while now. He's one that you know will be right there night in and night out. Therefore when things like last night happen everyone is watching. Some people say people hate winners. With Joey it's his attitude and antics, not that he wins alot.

Eeeekkkk

#32sprintcarfan said:
you know everyone keeps trashing joey for what he did but what about what tommy worley did to the number 86 sprint? if you are going to moan and groan about one driver for doing something he might not should have done you need to gripe about all the drivers that did those things

Not trying to be rude or anything and I hope that this is not taken the wrong way but there is not a perfect driver on the track and I am not taking up for Worley he has his faults and lots of them 86 is not the only one he caused problems with, but you have to understand that when these guys are out on the track they are out for one thing and some of them will do what ever it takes to get it, Worley has gotten his fair share of trashing and I am sure there is more to come. Joey was wrong for doing that to Jimmy. Don't get me wrong I like Joey he is a awesome driver but you can not tell me that you agree with what he done. I never in my racing years would have thought I would see such poor sportsmanship from Joey. :eek:

How about what the 86(Shrock) tried to do to Worley after the contact with them. Drove through the infield and was going straight for Worley on the front stretch missed him and almost hit the 22 head on. That could have been very bad. Worley did stuff him, but for him to drive through the infield and go after him was a little rediculous also. There was alot of bad driving and bad sportsmanship last night though.

I missed Hurley's pass so I can't really comment on that, but don't hit someone after the race is over. He should have been put on the trailor for the night.

They did get one call right in the mods though with Billy Smith. Lou spun him and should have been black flagged. Glad Billy got his spot back too.

Joey Montgomery

I can sum this up with one statement.C&C motorsports like some one else stated .Joey got passed on a gutsy move that worked and can't handle it.They didn't make contact so in my book that is a clean pass!In my opinion joey should have been told to load it up and pull out,if someone would have done that to him they would be told to leave.I have seen it done before.As for worley he's just an idiot out of control

Jimmy's pass looked clean to me. Gutsy, but clean. As for Joey's response - childish and uncalled for. No doubt.

This is why I refuse to go to the cowardly owned Farmington track anymore.Corey get some cajones and deal with that idiot ( Joey )Just curious also,is Joey the 1 writing the rule book or do you make the rules as the night goes.I bet ya use alot of erasers or white out up.I will personally volunteer to pay for Joey's anger management classes,well better yet I will perform the duties my self by whackin him with a 2 x 4 up side the head everytime he gets out of line.I am also takin donations for a sprinter ( nothin fancy,but built strong)and then we wont have to worry bout Corey and his lil "anything for Joey" Rule Book.Yea,your right,I WASNT THERE,but heard about it.And of course I knew before hand how this would turn out. Botom line is : Joey + Farmington Track = Terrible Sprint Car Show for all !!!!!And to say Joey is a "good Driver is wrong!!!!! A Good driver is someone who upholds themselves on and off the track.Almost like saying my X is a good driver,she aced her driving test and written ( perfect score on both) Then 5 years later ran over a highway patrolman at a red light and knocked him into Taco Bells front lobby!

Before any 1 wastes time on a comment to this thread,DONT BOTHER! It was written more as a haha and for a wake up call to the people who give Corey admission money so he can buy white out and erasers.

Don't think I am sticking up for Worley but his incident was while they were racing and Joey's was after the checkered flag was thrown. Joey just couldn't catch him to do it during the race. Yeah Joey is a good driver but when you start on the FRONT ROW every freakin week it makes it that much easier to win. I lose more respect for Cory every week due to the bs that goes on around there.

I'm just not going to waste my time commenting about any of what happened other than to say this...Doesn't matter who it is, if Worley wants them out of his way,he'll get them out of his way. Jason Keith is always in my mind #1, I don't care where he ends up in the end. I just wish for once .. Worley would leave him alone, but I know if it wasn't Jason, it would be someone else. Yes it's all a bunch of BS, and believe it or not, Farmington is losing alot of fans and drivers next year,and no it's not just our sportsman leaving. I think it's already too late for Cory to change anything for 2006. I have seen the rules change at the drop of a hat,depending on who it affected,and you know what??? That's pretty sad, cause our track has been getting a bad name from all this. I have nothing against anyone, just sometimes I think they're driving and sportsmanship just ****s!!! That's just my opinon..........

CONGRADULATES JOEY....you are the man!!! hey why are you trashing JOEY did you see what Jimmy done to him, well probably not i guess he is going to follow in worley's foot steps hey i'll do a SLIDE JOB on joey he's not going to get passed me..cause if he does i'll never catch up with him,but guess what the SLIDE JOB did not work LOL!!!! maybe Joey shouldn't of done what he did "BUT" if you were in his place would you of done the same thing???????HUH Jimmy was in the wrong also...GOOD RACING TIMMY MONTGOMERY!!!!! you earned that one...SEE YOU ALL NEXT YEAR!!!!!!!!

I will agree with what is being said...if this "catering for Joey" continues on the tracks part, we will be losing some of our drivers, and it will be an absolute dirty shame! We have some of the best drivers in the midwest coming night in and night out to our track. The racing this year has been absolutely amazing. Sure, Joey and Tim are prolly the front runners to win each and every night, but we had quite a few other guys win this year as well. I believe Jimmy Hurley won 2 or 3 times, same with Worley, and I believe Jerrod Hull won once this year! Then, we had guys step up and run up front all year like Jason Keith, Steve Short(who was very strong at the end of the year), Keith Burch, Nathan Higgins, and AJ Bruns just to name a few. Its only a matter of time before these guys get more consistant and making it even tougher on the Montgomery's!! I just hope guys like The Standridge's decide to come back next year. I was really disappointed not to see any of them guys last night!!

Great driver...just an emotional dumb move...
He should have been sent to the C main, and probably a non local would have been made to do so

Back