Something to strongly consider

Millsey

I know a few of you will go crazy when I bring this up, but I really feel something like this HAS TO BE DONE to insure the class does NOT get out of hand like some of the other classes have economically.

I think we need to put an engine claim rule in. Use one JUST like Farmington does for the Modifieds. We either need to go this way or have a vacuum rule put in. The expense is starting to get way out of hand and only the very strong will survive and that was not the intention of this class. Farmington has a $1,000 claim rule on motors.

I have said once and I will say it again vac. rule will not work does not work and never did work!!! I would think that the engine claim rule would work but I feel that you could get a lot of hurt feelings over it. One thing I like about you guys is your tech. Just keep doing it have suprise inspections and you that will keep the class how it is supposed to be. However I am a racer and as a racer I look for things to improve you should not penalize a guy for having an inovation. Copy right 2003 Bobby Moore. lol:rolleyes: :D

We want the guys to use their brains and work hard to make their cars and trucks faster. But just adding more money to it is hurting the class and that is what we are going to have to avoid at all cost (no pun intended). This is an entry level racing class and one that is suppose to be very affordable.

no

Claim rules usually do not work, how many times did it get used this past season at Farmington? If it was voted in for 2005, what happens when Mr.Ford racer gets whooped by the Chevy guy (or vice-versa) does he claim an engine out of spite for which he has no use? Vacumm rules will only play in favor of the $$$ guys.

Claim me.....Claim me.....

I have just over 1200 in my whole truck....I see a great money making opprotunity here.I have another engine on the floor (cost about 100) net profit, about 900? yeah Baby, CLAIM ME!!!!!!!
;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Anybody that know me knows what my thoughts will be on this subject...we will discuss this at the meeting...... we have went over this again and agian the first rules are to "open" can't change that now.. also lets quit beating around the bush this is about wolf's $600 head PEOPLE do the math on this head

to get a head from a junk yard or a old motor have it magnefluxed
decked new valve's valves seats rockers and cam you will have more$$$$ in the head than buying a premade one.

you want to keep the class running close do this

1) buy the tech men a BORE SCOPE and I will PROMISE it will get used!

2) invert the field on every fredericktown race put the FAST cars in back and see if they can run to the front( I talked to a guy in Michagan and thats how they do it cause he say's a fast car can stay in front if you put him in front)

3) vacum rule will just run the cost up the ones with the $$$$ will just order a special ground cam

4) engine claim then your going to have to delete the rule ford to ford chevy to chevy rule

5) and the rules are set for 2004 we said here the rules go build your car so this would have to be done for 2005

Re: Claim me.....Claim me.....

Originally posted by Wes90
I have just over 1200 in my whole truck....I see a great money making opprotunity here.I have another engine on the floor (cost about 100) net profit, about 900? yeah Baby, CLAIM ME!!!!!!!
;) :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
H3ll ya my motor only cost ummm $25 dollars and the other was free heck and they run in 5 and 6 th place STOCK condition

I agree, the rules are made for 2004 so I don't recommend changing them now.

The invert rule sounds ok to me but I wouldn't make it manditory invert. Maybe flip a coin after dash that way no one sandbags. But then I wouldn't want to sandbag because I would want those heat race points as well.

my turn

if you try you can build a racer for under $2000,that will be competitive(if you have resources)or you can build that same car for $5000 if you want to.which will be faster???depends alot on the driver.as the rules are now we can't do much more at all to go faster-so we are pertty much at our limit.i myself don't think are rules are out of hand.now for the 2005 season if we want to admend the rules lets start looking.the onlt things i see as of now would be going back to stock headders and intake(since only a few have switched to this)and not to offenend anyone,i would not allow boat motors.chevys get the 2.5 and ford a 2.3.as for as vaccum rule we already discussed it wouldn't work.and an engine claim will always be a big joke.i really feel that smurf hit the nail on the head.but instead of inverting every feature we race,flip a coin every night and let the pole sitter call it.remember last year when we did this(my idea)and jon paul won??it gave everyone out their the chance to pull off a win.i really feel this kind of idea would carry far,as well as be very entertaining-so smurf you got my vote on a coin toss,any other thoughts-how about a spec motor:D

Re: my turn

Originally posted by shannon
-how about a spec motor:D

there we go a new business for us SHANNON we could call them

SS RAMS spec motors or if jon want to help build them

SJS RAMS spec motors:D

only garuntee on them is they will start once:D :p :D

Originally posted by Wheel21
Forget the SS RAMS Spec Motor. I saw 6 of shannon's last year go up in smoke.:D :D

would make the pionts race closer:D :p :D or we could have a pionts race on how many you blew up in a year by the extent of the damage:D ;) :p

MY TWO CENTS WORTH

WELL THE WAY I SEE IT IF YOU DIDNT HAVE THE MONEY TO BUILD A RACE TRUCK OR CAR YOU WOULDNT BE RACING.BECAUSE IT TAKES MONEY TO BUILD IT MONEY TO MAINT IT BUY TIRES SHOCKS ECT....THATS WHY YOU TRY AND GET SPONSORSHIPS TO HELP YOU ON THAT VEHICLE KEEP THE COST DOWN.WHAT SHANNON SAID ABOUT STOCK INTAKES FROM AFTERMARKET I WOULD RATHER RUN THE AFTER MARKET ONE THAN THE STOCK ONE THEY ARE GETTING HARDER TO FIND LOT OF THEM ARE CRACKED ARE JUNK . BUT THE COST DEPENDS ON THE PERSON HOW MUCH THEY WANT TO BUT IN THE VEHICLE.
ITS NOT HOW FAST YOU ARE BUT HOW THE CAR HANDELS .BUT YOU WANT TO KEEP COST DOWN WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU WANT TO RUN 6 RAMS POINTS RACES AT MCS THATS A BIG COST FACTOR THEIR. IT COSTES THE AVERAGE GUY OUT THEIR RACING FROM THIS AREA ABOUT $150 FOR THAT NIGHT TAKE THAT TIME 6 THAT IS A GRAND TOTAL $900 FOR THE SIX RACES YOU RUN THEIR IF YOU DONT WIN AND YOU ONLY GET $25 FOR THE FEATURE AND YOU DO FINISH LIKE THIS ALL THE TIME WELL YOUR IN THE HOLE $750 AND YOU ONLY MAKE $150 YOU BE ON THE ROAD 24 HRS 2 HOURS THEIR 2 HOURS BACK ON THE ROAD 4 HOUR TOTAL SO THE WARE AND TEAR ON YOUR PULL VEHICLE SO HOW EVER YOU LOOK AT IT.MCS IS A NICE TRACK GOOD TO RUN ON IT BTU YOU WANT TO KEEP COST DOWN YOU DONT ONLY NEED TO LOOK AT THE CARS ARE TRUCKS YOUR RUNNING BUT HOW FAR YOU HAVE TO PULL AND RACE THAT VEHCLE I LOVE RACING BUT THEIR IS A FINE LINE THAT I HAVE TO DO TO KEEP THE COST DOWN ON BOTH THE RACER AND MY PULL VEHICLE SO LOOK AT EVERY THING NOT JUST HOW MUCH YOU BUILD THE RACER EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU PROBALLY HAVE FAMLIES AND YOUR NOT GOING TO TAKE ANYTHING AWAY FROM THEM TO BUT MORE MONEY THAN YOU HAVE TO TO RACE YOUR CAR ARE TRUCK SORRY ABOUT THE BOOK BUT THIS IS NOT TO AFFEND ANYONE IN THE RAMS ORGANZATION BUT JUST MY OPINION AND EVERY ONE NOWS WHAT THAT IS SO IM SORRY IF I OFEND ANY ONE WITH THIS JUST MY TWO CENTS BRIAN #3

yeah the aftermartek intakes makes it a lot easeir on you chevy guy's to get it to run right and not have to worry about air leaks:D :p :D still waiting to put some smurfblue paint on your #3 truck.... and hey I rather people to tell how the y feel than beat around the bush!

Integrity

You guys have to understand my job is to keep the integrity and competition level of this association high. This is an entry level form of racing and it is suppose to be fun and pretty well balanced. No matter what you are racing you can always stick a bunch of money into it, but we sure don't want to get into a keeping up the the Jones situation. Just stop and think. If you knew there was a $1,000 claim rule you're not about to sink a ton of money into your engine you are going to worry more about the handling and some of the other details of the car. I'm trying to look out for the entire class and not just a certain few. If we've got 25 cars there its a whole lot better than if we have 10. Out of everyone in this class how many of you last year ran motors that were more expensive than $1,000??? I'm not talking about exhaust and intake. We ran a motor that came stock out of a 86 Mustang that had over 175,000 miles on it and ran it all season. Our total cost was about $80 with just the motor and $150 with the slightly bigger cam we added. It's just a way of keep somebody for going overboard and for us to try and keep the competition level a little more balanced than to just the top 2 or 3. There's other ways of getting this done, but this looks to be one to strongly consider. I know Shannon is looking into a couple of alternatives also. If the IMCA mods can run a $1,000 motor rule then we sure should be able to. Hell, actually the IMCA motor rule is $500!! They just use $1,000 at Farmington..

If I was to guess......
the top ten probably had close to a $1000 in there motor after a rebuild just to PROPERALLY build a motor you will have close to $1200 in just a rebuild.. to do it correcty

cyclders de glazed
block serviced trued up
new pistions bearings
crank cam
cam bearings
head reworked
newe valves
ect ect ect this will cost over $1200 the rebuild isn't costly it the shop RATES that Kills a rebuild!!!!

want to slow down the leader??? make sure he's not cheating a manditory 3 or 5 win tear down or at least a maditory top 5 bore scope every night something to that effect..

Millsey let us tech guys try out some new Policies this year and see if we will make a differnce... the season hasn't started and it seems like you guys are already telling us were not doing our job let us TRY!:D

Which is going to be worse

guy #1 leaves the RAMS cause they had to follow the rules set by us

or

guy #2 becuase they got beat by a cheater car

which guy would you want to lose?

You know we have done 2 different things down here. First we have went by points the higher the points the further back you are. THis gives everyone a fair chance also with this we put the last feature winner tail back the next week. Personally this was my favorite

The other one went off of heat race finish and a die. Take and roll the die and what ever position is rolled is pole. for instance if a 4 was rolled than 4 finisher in the 1st heat would be pole with the other 4 on out side. Then it would go 5 6 1 2 3 than 7 8 9 etc. it worked also but I did not favor it as it was confusing. Later and good luck Bobby

Smurf, this doesn't have anything to do with the tech guys. This is just something as an association we can do to help keep everything a little more in line without putting pressure on anybody. I'm not trying to run anybody off.

No, I'm not saying I want to slow down the leader either. I just want to make sure we have a level playing field. And finally, NO, we are not telling you how to do your jobs.

Originally posted by Millsey
Smurf, this doesn't have anything to do with the tech guys. This is just something as an association we can do to help keep everything a little more in line without putting pressure on anybody. I'm not trying to run anybody off.

No, I'm not saying I want to slow down the leader either. I just want to make sure we have a level playing field. And finally, NO, we are not telling you how to do your jobs.

no matter what you will do you people will leave cause of one reason or another don't get worked up over that

Back