Belle-Clair Speedway Statement & Revised Schedule for Belle-Clair Promotions

don hoener

don hoener
Revised Schedule for Belle-Clair Promotions @ Belle-Clair Speedway.

As many of you know I have been trying for 3 years to negotiate a reasonable deal to operate races at Belle-Clair. It has become quite clear in the past few days that this appears to be impossible. It will take a few years to eliminate the debt that has mounted up as we raced, waiting for that deal that would make it work. I refuse to just keep adding to it for their benefit. I have a lot more I’d like to say about this but I will take the high road for now.
I was ready to walk away, but a Good Friend has urged me to do a little more. So out of Respect for Tradition and our Good Friend Billy we will run these 2 shows.
Friday August 9th – St. Clair/ Bel-Air Bowl Legends of Racing “Kenny Shrum” 100 Lapper for UMP Late Models $2000 to Win $200 to start Increased purses in all classes
A Free Belle-Clair T-shirt with a paid admission while supplies last!
PLUS
It will be our MEGA KID’S Night with $2000 in dollar bills plus coins spread on the track for the taking. Tons of Prizes – Grand Prizes 50cc 4- Wheeler for the 7-12 age group and a Battery 4-Wheeler for the 3-6 age group. Plus Bikes & Scooters and many more Amazing Gifts.
Free Snow Cones and a Rice Krispy Chocolate Fountain! Tons of FUN!
Friday September 13th – “PhotoBilly 50” WOO Outlaw Super Late Model Classic
Plus UMP Modifieds
We would like to Thank all of our Racer’s, Crews, Sponsor‘s and our Faithful Fans for your Support!
Don, Dot, Joe & the Crew

Can't fault you for trying Don!

Belle Clair is a 100% different place compared to how it used to be, all thanks to you.

This is not the news i was wanting to hear as I absolutely love racing at Belle Clair. The things you guys did as promoters and just being damn good human being's, will always be appreciated. You guys made leaps and bounds of improvements there and it is a darn shame, greed has to be the issue of not being there on Fridays. Thank everyone who helped and was involved in making it happen for as long as you did.

Never good to hear that a track is closing, much less one that's near and dear to me. I appreciate everything you've tried to accomplish, Donnie. I'll greatly miss heading to the bullring on Friday nights. Hopefully the fair board quickly realizes how much the track benefits the community and changes their minds. If there's any way to help, please let me know.

This is a very sad turn of events. BCS has really been on an upswing since Mr. Hoener took charge. There really is no other track like this anywhere near St. Louis and it will be missed.

Always sad to read about ANY track closing. But, that's what happens when people don't support a facility or the lease cannot be negotiated to be profitable for the promoter.

Thanks for all you have done to try to support this facility Don, best wishes in whatever you decide to do next!

Sounds like the fair board didn't want to give a little to get a long term return. Sucks for all involved, especially the fans who have been supporting this racetrack over the years. I have seem some of the best side by side racing in my 5 years going to BC. I also believe that the FB made a horrible business decision and I support Donnie in his decision to say enough is enough. No reason to continue to dig a hole when you won't get help to fill it back in, financially speaking. The Hoeners and all involved have made big improvements to the facility since my first night attending that track only to be treated like this... it's a shame. For what its worth, I will not be attending any future events in which the Fair Board will get getting a dime of my money after these last few events. Maybe the fair board will dig their head out of their ass and make this right!

Wow I sure didn't see this coming. Hate to lose another race track. Especially one as special as this one. It's too good just to sit there. Hopefully the stuff gets resolved and they are back running weekly next year. One if the few places left that have a weekly show worth driving 4 hours for.

I was just thinking today about how good the upswing has been at Belle Clair and what a good website they have now

Back