Time has come for this change!

Millsey

Why not allow Ford 2.3 engines to be run in the Chevys. So basically what I'm saying is allow any previously approved four-cylinder engine size to be used in any vehicle. We have exisiting vehicles (like Bad Bob's truck) that would be back on the track almost instantly if this was approved. You're not going to have to keep hearing about passing additional rules for rods and intakes. And since it's a 2.3 it will be more easily inspected since that's basically what you're working with now.

If nothing else I bet this rule is approved as a track rule at MCS not matter what.

As a Ford driver I have to say no way, I want to keep the advantage!!

In all honesty I think that is what needs to happen to grow this class. The Ford's have and advantage in making power cheaper. This change would put all makes on the same playing field. Don't get me wrong there are some fast Chevy’s out there but it is harder and takes more money to get them to run up front.

Now is the time to talk about this because we need to be careful how we allow placement of these motors in other vehicles because our rules say that we must have the motors on their stock positions.

placement would be easy ....I would have to look at my stock pinto's and mustang but do a rule like '2cnd plug even with front ball joint" I would consider going to the dark side if that was approved... I have 10 new chevy wheels on my old purestreet begging to be ran....

Jack, I don't know about you but I've been offered several S-10s for FREE, but there is only a very select crowd that will go through everything they have to to make the Chevy engine competitive. I bet Brian will agree with that..

you know I have a stripped out s-10 ready for cage (guy was going to race it but found out it was more$$$ to build a 2.5) and I have my old 2.3 and 5 speed laying in my shop I may slide it in and see what it looks like....

THat sounds like the right way to approch it Smurf.

Yes Millsey I have been offered a S-10 for free also. There is no reason not to let them run the 2.3's. And it will let Smurf make up some really good Chevy jokes!!

know how to make a chevy run with a pinto??????? let it have pony power under the hood....

body by fisher.... powered by FORD

what do you call your truck combo???..... it's a CHORD :):)

these just popped in my head:):)

well this would be a good idea but i personally wouldnt but a ford in my truck i would put a mopar engine in mine you can find the parts for them their probally just as reliable as the 2.3.they are also a push rod engine they would work pretty good have one just waiting for that time to come.the guys that cant find engines for their truck would be perfect for them to go get them a ford engine for their truckare car.but who nows what next year will be but intill then c ya all at the track friday brian#3

I wouldn't know anything about that, 4 years running a 2.5 and (knock on wood) Wheel hasn't had a stock rod break yet. :D

I think you guys are all NUCKING FUTS. I don't care to put a Ford motor in my Chevy or vice a versa. You guys don't get it do you? The rule you had for 2004 was a good one, changing it was BULLSH*T! It goes to prove what I already said, you want an all Ford show, don't you? SMURFBLUE3 is a parts guy much like myself. If all he had in inventory was S10 stuff he wouldn't like what you are saying same as me. Give me my rods and lets see who comes out on top! And as for being cheaper; go ask Wolf or Burch to tell you the truth about how much they spend on their stuff and we will compare. The guys that got Fords and are not spending that much ain't winning, and that is a fact!!!

Well actually, it wasn't the RAMS that changed any rule about rods. That apparently was Doe Run's deal. Stock rods has always been the rule for the RAMS series from day 1.

I'm not real familiar with the RAMS rules, so I obviously am wrong about the rods in RAMS, but there is still a thing called brand loyalty and I doubt if anybody will want to put a Ford in a Chevy or a Chevy in a Ford. And nobody should want to run an S10 anyway. It is too heavy, there isn't very good weight on the rear and they are topheavy and that is their good points. With the people they have in charge of RAMS there will probably be no problem getting that kind of rule shoved down everybodys throat!

pwracing said:
With the people they have in charge of RAMS there will probably be no problem getting that kind of rule shoved down everybodys throat!

I'm not sure how to take that statement but the "people in charge" can only suggest ideas, it's the members that attend the meetings that decide to make a change or not. And as far as the S-10 goes, yeah it might take some effort to get them to handle but it is possible and the S-10 is much more durable than a pinto or mustang. But I guess that just goes along with personal preference.

Then the members better start showing up and take control, I have read on here more than once that people are complaining about the meetings always being in the Park Hills area but the response is that nobody from the other areas show up. Don't sound like all the members are cooperating.

$ In Burches Engine

1bottom end-stock reconditioned rods $90 from speedway-with rod bolts
2 pistons keith black $120 rings $75
3 crank stock-no machine work
4 block was preped like any other block bored,honed,new freeze plugs
5 head completly reworked all new parts-$200
6 new cam,lifters,springs $300
7 stock intake
8 header $140 new
9carb $150 new
10 bearings,gaskets,about $200
it is all brand new stuff,i can build a winning race engine out of used parts from carb to pan for less than $1000-i did last year :D

pwracing said:
I think you guys are all NUCKING FUTS. I don't care to put a Ford motor in my Chevy or vice a versa. You guys don't get it do you? The rule you had for 2004 was a good one, changing it was BULLSH*T! It goes to prove what I already said, you want an all Ford show, don't you? SMURFBLUE3 is a parts guy much like myself. If all he had in inventory was S10 stuff he wouldn't like what you are saying same as me. Give me my rods and lets see who comes out on top! And as for being cheaper; go ask Wolf or Burch to tell you the truth about how much they spend on their stuff and we will compare. The guys that got Fords and are not spending that much ain't winning, and that is a fact!!!
I'll have to disagreesome points with ya I'm am a ford fan everybody know it's.... in purestreet chevy's rule I know it... in mini's ford are more bang for your buck (most chevy guys would agree) so how do we make the feild more level one of the two ways

1) allow 2300 in any car (like a mod run a ford on a chevy chasis vice versa)

2) allow a "spec" rod like we was disussing on the doe run page...

which one would pass at both tracks I would say the rod's cuase true chevy loyalist would not have to disgrace there chevy with a ford motor and keep what stock the had (extra heads and such) ...and herny ford would not turn over in his grave:D

pwracing calm down nothing will probably change for this year so all the ministocks guys need to discuss a way to make the chevy's stay together and then take this calmly to bobby, cruise and harris see what doe run thinks of it then if he likes it then the rams would probably accept it for 2006 (not saying they will) but if it is a spec rod make sure the ford can run a spec rod honestly if you have to spend $100-$200 more for rods would it be worth it to know you could turn your motor 8000 if you had to and not worry about a rod coming out?

stock yeah I got 12 pinto's but really they are getting harder to find I haven't spotted one in 6 months (I think the hear me coming)

the chevy may be heavy but they have a FRAME that is the only thing I dislike on a pinto is a UNI-body...

heard it before

pwracing said:
Give me my rods and lets see who comes out on top! And as for being cheaper; go ask Wolf or Burch to tell you the truth about how much they spend on their stuff and we will compare. The guys that got Fords and are not spending that much ain't winning, and that is a fact!!!
The good rods are allready out there, one has been out there quite a while. The S-10 truck can meet the heavy 2500 minimum, ask Marty. I have no idea what Dave has in his engine but suspect its $$$ more than Shannon and everybody running Fords will not totally even things out.

Back