WKA outlaws Tire Prep and Cutting 9/27/06

The problem with this is it's not going to hit the local track for a few years if it even does.

My opinion on prep and cutting at a local level is it only helps the beginners or should i say the not experienced, if a new racer buys or gets involved with a veteran racer at there local track he can give them the right prep they need or the right profile or cut on the tires. In other words it will make up for bad settup and tire combination or put u where others have made themselves with experience and track time. If they do away with that advantage and it comes down to driver and settup i believe the veteran or experienced racer will win most of the time:eek:

:cool: Fact of the matter is winning is winning and thats what we r all in it for, so do what u can do and take advantage of all the crutches(prep, cutts) u can before its done away with.

?

Then does all the people at the track with their tire grinders between races become illegal? They are changing the natural profile of the tire. I understand the prep issue but why cutting as there are no health issues with running a cut tire. In my opinion the issue with keeping racing cost down is the people that are spending big money to be fast will keep doing it and the small guy will still struggle to keep up.

It does say no grinding, or profiling of any kind.

Unfortunately, most of these new rules are not viable for weekly/local tracks where competitors run the same tires week after week.

I am sorry but I think they should do away with it all. Getting rid of tire prep and cutting will help lower cost and get it back to where karting should be. All the preps and tire cutting is getting out of control. Without tire prep like 04tobin said it will go back to set up and driving not who has the right tire prep that night. So I think it should be at the local level as soon as next year. jmo

prep

i would love to see this brought to the local level. we at bedrock have been trying to find a way to stop tire prep. it is going to be very hard to patrol and police the use of it . i have talked to a lot of racers that have given up on racing karts because of tire prep. this is hurting the kart count at bedrock and other tracks . would like to see kart racing go back to tire slection, set up, and driver ability.:)

How much does tire prep really cost? I am sure it pales in comparison to the cost of National motors and top of the line chassis. Plus the tire cost is still there. The outlawing is a result of safety, not the cost of racing.

I agree in part

Get rid of prep if you can police it and catch the people that will try and circumvent the rules but this will be very hard. If cost is the issue then get rid of the Burris rule and go back to an open tire rule. You can run a maxxis until you can see cords and still be fast were the Burris tires are slowing down pretty much after 3 or 4 weeks. I would like to see kart count back up also and maybe the open tire rule will help but that is just my openion. Andy

Tire prep is the reason the cost has gone up. It means more set of tires for different preps, different preps for different track conditions, and tire cutting i mean that speaks for itself you can have so many different cuts of tires for everynight it isn't funny. I know some people that have karts that just sit in the garage because they are not going to go race for $30. Even a $500 to win show isn't worth it. You don't need a national motor to win a race at bedrock because it is all set up there. Tire prep has taken that away from kart racing. I hope they do find a cheap way to take care of this problem. It will help out alot with the kart counts and people wanting to get into karting.

For starters I would like to see someone get around Bedrock without prep!:p

If no prep rule goes into effect i'm all for it but this will give the flagman more headaches, more spinouts more wrecks, ect. we all no what will happen more fights.

One more thing to think if u want to cut down on the cost eliminating prep is not going to do it! a $60.00 dollar gallon of prep is cheaper than a $300.00 dollar set of uncutts.
I don't want to offend anyone butt the ones gripping about prep r not running very well so you guys think if we eliminate prep we may level out the playing field and in return run better.
The only way you could cut down the cost would be make everyone run a specific tire and duro reading like all u can run at Bedrock is Burris 33's or 33A's then you could police prep and say no prep and the only guy's that would benefit is the Bedrock racers cause the only place u could run them tires is Bedrock cause anywhere else u would need to prep cont**

Opening up the tire rule would kill your pocket book cause one weekend someone would win on maxxis and everyone would want them the next weekend someone would win on vegas and everyone would want them so on and so on!:(
The bottom line is everyone is using prep as the reason they r losing and that is a good thing cause every body wants to win and prep is cheaper than tires and I for one can tell u new rubber helps but it is not a gaurentee win.

* and for those saying prep is harmful well it is but what else do u deal with in everyday life that isn't? look under your kitchen sink! maybe they should outlaw some of those!

* Racers r going to do what it takes to win so no matter how u look at it the same guys will run up front unless the others do there homework.

You've got to have all the puzzle pieces or you will not win races.
The right chassis.
The right tires.
The right prep.
The right motor/clutch.
The right driver.
You might run well with one piece missing but you aren't going to run well week in and week out. Lord help you if you're missing more than one.

I agree with Ben on getting around the "Rock" without prep. It might be done but the majority are going to struggle and crash. Struggling and crashing ****s, I know last year was rough. I'd rather spend money on prep than new bodies, spindles, rims, or axles.

Hey Tobias! how about that view Friday!

Quote:Hopefully you'll have that new "millenivengermax" dialed in and rollin'.

what do ya think?

Hey Tobias! how about that view Friday!

Quote:Hopefully you'll have that new "millenivengermax" dialed in and rollin'.

what do ya think?

It wasn't too bad. I'd almost forgoten what chasing someone looked like. I'll bet you next year my kart won't see the stagger I tried Friday night, I was junk in every corner.

That track tightened up so bad it was crazy. If you guess loose, which you did, you guessed right. However, you were the only one I talked to that did.

That track tightened up so bad it was crazy. If you guess loose, which you did, you guessed right. However, you were the only one I talked to that did.

Your crew cheif/sponsor should of had u dialed in for the feature! if u want I'll loan u my crew cheif! but Ill have to check his schedule!:D

I for one think Bedrock is a zero bite track!

CAN WE SAY MILLINEUM and MUSGRAVE POWER and PREP! which is also available at your local track. Oh yea HOLESHOT CLUTCHES are available also why supplies last!

Back