Most successful bloodlines in the area

Other than the Wallace family, what families have been dominant on the track.

I'd be curious to find out what family is the winningest family in St. Louis racing history.

Bill

The Smiths

For as long as I've been around (I'm only 27) there has always been a Marty Smith dominating somewhere. Whether it be Jr or Sr. Chris has had some good moments too.

successful local racing families

Fausts
Sellers
Zobrists
Kloos

There are alot of "family" names that have been a huge success in the racing scene in our area. My hats off to all of them for giving us a great show then and now as well. :)

couple of more names

Standriges, Miners, Ratychks(sorry I can't spell it, can I buy a vowel please).

Dustin joined the military and is currently in boot camp, I don't believe Dale races either...

Oh wow! Hats off to Dustin for making the courageous decision to serve our country. I wish him a successful career in the millitary. Hopefully, when he's finished with that he'll come back home and show his old man how it's done on the track :):p:D

Here's some from my early/past Highland days that I can remember...

Butch Kuhn, Shannon
Bill Goodall, Tom
Lenny Baumgartner, Jerry
Steve Carson, Jesse
Rick Kloos, Michael
Bill Knebel (spell?)

I know there's more from the old Highland days.

crateracer i hope i dont leave anyone out... we have a big family

Tom Seets-
Tommie Seets Jr-Son
Tim Hancock-Son
Timmy Hancock Jr (races four wheelers)
and my brother tim married Cindy Werner (Jim Werners Daughter)

John Seets Sr
BJ Seets-Son

Jake Seets Jr
Jake Seets III-Son

Gary Walker-nephew
Nathan Walker-nephew
Tony Walker-nephew

Chad Naylor-nephew

my uncle mark and mike also used to race......:eek:

Bill.........

Great question, but it is pretty open-ended. Define "winningest".

The family with the most racers has to be the Seets family. The above list doesn't include Carl Irwin and I think he was a half-brother or Cheri Seets.

The INDIVIDUAL with the most championships in St. Louis is Bill Seebold with 69 National and International Championships in 47 years of racing boats. His dad, Bill, Sr. (known as "Grandpa Bill") started the Seebold dynasty and Bill's sons Mike and Tim are continuing the family tradition. If you want to see them race go to Creve Coeur Lake this weekend for "The Indy 500 of Powerboat Racing". Bill is also the person responsible for encapsulating the drivers which has saved many a life when a boat flips over.

The GROUP with the best record is the Sports Car Club of America (I'm not separating the St. Louis Region from the Southern IL Region here.......this is a GROUP total) have over 70 National titles and most of them are owned by the LADIES.

The Knepper family has the fourth generation racing, although it is not a direct line of 4 generations who have sat behind the wheel. You have 4 brothers, Butch, Ray, Ollie, and Walter, Sr. (I don't think I have those in order from oldest to youngest). Butch raced and was the father of Arnie and grandfather of Art. (Arnie was in a race car before he was born and raced in the Indy 500.) Don't let Wanda see this, but Arnie's wife/Art's mom, was the FIRST female mechanic at the Indy 500. Walter, Sr. is the father of "Jr.", the grandfather of Steve, and great-grandfather of Nick. I don't recall that Walter, Sr. raced. "Jr." has driven a car (for like hot laps once), but is known for his mechanical prowess and has been working on race cars for over 60 years. Steve has won most of the big Midget races (the Belleville Nationals, the Hut Hundred, etc.). I haven't updated the total number of championships "Jr." and/or Steve have won recently, but it is close to 30. "Jr.'s" titles cover 5 decades. Nick, aka "Bank", is really one to watch. I think it was Ray's branch that has the connection to racing at Highland Speedway.

Is there another family (or families) that have had 4 generations racing?

If you want to talk winning PERCENTAGES..........there are several SCCA racers who have an 80% plus winning average. How many other athletes can say that?

There are over 200 National and International championships that belong to St. Louis "racers". We have titles in virtually every end of the sport EXCEPT Formula 1.

"Love racing?? St. Louis is the place to be!!"

Bill.........

Great question, but it is pretty open-ended. Define "winningest".

The family with the most racers has to be the Seets family. The above list doesn't include Carl Irwin and I think he was a half-brother or Cheri Seets.

The INDIVIDUAL with the most championships in St. Louis is Bill Seebold with 69 National and International Championships in 47 years of racing boats. His dad, Bill, Sr. (known as "Grandpa Bill") started the Seebold dynasty and Bill's sons Mike and Tim are continuing the family tradition. If you want to see them race go to Creve Coeur Lake this weekend for "The Indy 500 of Powerboat Racing". Bill is also the person responsible for encapsulating the drivers which has saved many a life when a boat flips over.

The GROUP with the best record is the Sports Car Club of America (I'm not separating the St. Louis Region from the Southern IL Region here.......this is a GROUP total) have over 70 National titles and most of them are owned by the LADIES.

The Knepper family has the fourth generation racing, although it is not a direct line of 4 generations who have sat behind the wheel. You have 4 brothers, Butch, Ray, Ollie, and Walter, Sr. (I don't think I have those in order from oldest to youngest). Butch raced and was the father of Arnie and grandfather of Art. (Arnie was in a race car before he was born and raced in the Indy 500.) Don't let Wanda see this, but Arnie's wife/Art's mom, was the FIRST female mechanic at the Indy 500. Walter, Sr. is the father of "Jr.", the grandfather of Steve, and great-grandfather of Nick. I don't recall that Walter, Sr. raced. "Jr." has driven a car (for like hot laps once), but is known for his mechanical prowess and has been working on race cars for over 60 years. Steve has won most of the big Midget races (the Belleville Nationals, the Hut Hundred, etc.). I haven't updated the total number of championships "Jr." and/or Steve have won recently, but it is close to 30. "Jr.'s" titles cover 5 decades. Nick, aka "Bank", is really one to watch. I think it was Ray's branch that has the connection to racing at Highland Speedway.

Is there another family (or families) that have had 4 generations racing?

If you want to talk winning PERCENTAGES..........there are several SCCA racers who have an 80% plus winning average. How many other athletes can say that?

There are over 200 National and International championships that belong to St. Louis "racers". We have titles in virtually every end of the sport EXCEPT Formula 1.

"Love racing?? St. Louis is the place to be!!"
what family is the most dominate on the TRACK, other then the wallaces, i think was the question. have a nice day..:)

I gotta go with the Fausts
Bill Faust
Bob Faust
Mark Faust
Kenny Faust
Billy Faust
Eric Faust
I think there are more that are related
12 Highland championships 1 UMP national championship

Donnie Klein And His Nephew Paul Bauman Have Been Pretty Successful. Donnie Has 557 Feature Wins And I Believe Around 17+ Championships. Paul Has At Least 4-5+ Track Championshups And Over 50 Feature Wins I'm Sure.

Mandy Bauman Correct Me If I'm Wrong.

what family is the most dominate on the TRACK, other then the wallaces, i think was the question. have a nice day..:)

talk about splitting hairs here.... whether it be water, ground or air, they are all referred to as racecourses or courses. i think that includes a track. after all, a road race course is not called a roadtrack, it is a roadcourse. it qualifies as a race track or track. as far the kneppers, get ready for another (4th)generation direct line. my son, reed, is fitting himself up in the quarter midget as we speak..... LORD, HELP US ALL!! HAAHAA. art. good topic.

Back